Based on chromium web browser it is one of the browser with increasing popularity every next day. Most of the sites are blocked by the site and do not allow cookies to track. Other than this, it provides the opportunity to its users so they can block the sites of their choice preventing them from keeping their data.
Installing it on your desktop might be a familiar process as you’ve already been through it. Now the question is about uninstalling it completely from your windows or desktop. There might be different reasons behind why people want to uninstall the browser. One of them might be due to the interface as its interface is outdated and not be of many people’s choice. Another reason might be high CPU usage by the browser while surfing through the internet. Also, different people find it crashing again and again or stops working.
People may find an issue while uninstalling the browser and they may not be able to remove it completely. However, it is not a complex process. The tutorial available in this article will surely help you out to remove the browser and allow you to go through other uninstallation issues. Just make sure to follow the steps given below.
Brave Browser Uninstall Process
- First of all, uninstall the brave browser itself from the windows. Go to the start menu and uninstall the application after searching it. Just right click on the browser and uninstall.
- Once you are done with this step, go to the settings. In settings, go to system and then click apps and features. A list of all your applications will be displayed. In the list, highlight the browser and uninstall it.
- Uninstallation process can be carried out through the Control Panel as well. For doing this, you have to right click on control panel. A window will be displayed. Go to “programs and features” and again a list of all applications will be displayed. From the list, select brave browser and uninstall the application.
- Afterwards, also checkout the “also delete browsing data” option and then go through the process of uninstall wizard.
- Now, to completely remove it you have to go through a few manual procedures. Checkout all the folders including “brave” by opening program files, “roaming” by going through the pathway “users” \ your user name \ app data\ roaming\. The last folder is “startup”. Pathway for startup is \program data\ Microsoft\ windows\ start menu\ programs\ startup.
- After going through this step, brave entries have to be deleted by pressing windows + R and typing “regedit” in RUN box that will appear in front of you on the screen. A registry editor will open up. Delete all the keys that are related to brave browser.
- After selecting all of them, click on Yes key when the system asks for confirmation.
Following all these steps will remove brave browser completely from your windows. Not only the application will be removed but also manual data related to the browser will be uninstalled.